“I am passionate about ensuring my patients receive personalised care and play an active role in their care. I am particularly interested in the continued development of breast cancer treatments to further help women of all ages from screening through to diagnosis, treatment and beyond”
Dr Lee Guek Eng
- Mount Alvernia
Dr Lee Guek Eng graduated from the National University of Singapore with a double degree in both Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, as well as Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Cell and Molecular Biology. She progressed with her Medical Oncology specialist training and went on to practice at the National Cancer Centre, Singapore for ten years.
Dr Lee treats general oncology with a clinical focus in female cancers such as breast cancer and gynaecological cancers. Prior to her joining the private sector, Dr Lee had a strong focus on research and has been involved in numerous Singapore and international studies and clinical trials. Her research has a specific focus on young women with breast cancer.
For her work in breast cancer, she was awarded the international fellowship NMRC competitive research grant in 2016 to train as a fellow at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, focusing on young women with breast cancer and pregnancy-associated breast cancer. Back in Singapore, she was actively involved in setting up a tailored program for young women with breast cancer to help increase awareness and education.
She was also awarded a second grant under Industry Alignment Fund (IAF) by NMRC for her research in a novel compound for treatment of brain metastases in advanced breast cancer patients. She represented Singapore in numerous overseas international oncology conferences and has presented her research work extensively over the last decade.
Dr Lee accepts referrals for all cancer types, with a special clinical interest in breast cancer, and gynaecological cancer.
Dr Lee is also program director of Icon’s Young Women’s Cancer Program. For more information on the program, click here.
- 24 March 2020 – Lianhe Zaobao: Prevention and treatment of genetic and hereditary cancers
- 18 July 2020 – Webinar with Summit Planners Invictus: Cancer in Singapore and its prevention
- 19 September 2020 – Facebook Live with Mount Alvernia Hospital: Personalised medicine for cancer care
- 26 September 2020 – Facebook Live with 365 Cancer Prevention Society: Breast cancer in young women
- 22 October 2020 – Webinar with DKSH and Breast Cancer Foundation: Facts and myths of breast cancer
- 31 October 2020 – Webinar with Thomson Breast Centre: What you need to know about breast cancer in young women
- 23 June 2021 – Webinar with Breast Cancer Foundation: Breast cancer and fertility