“I am passionate about ensuring my patients receive personalised care and play an active role in their care. I am particularly interested in the continued development of breast cancer treatments to further help women of all ages from screening through to diagnosis, treatment and beyond”
Dr Lee Guek Eng
Dr Lee Guek Eng graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, after having obtained a Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Cell and Molecular Biology. She completed her Medical Oncology specialist training in 2013 and went onto practice medical oncology at the National Cancer Centre, Singapore. Dr Lee specialises in breast cancer, specifically focusing on young women with breast cancer and research. For her work in breast cancer, she was awarded the international fellowship NMRC research grant in 2016 to train as a fellow at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, focusing on young women with breast cancer and pregnancy-associated breast cancer.
Dr Lee has a strong focus on research and has been involved in a number of Singapore studies including identifying the barriers to trial participation amongst Asian populations and young women with breast cancer. She was involved in setting up a national program for young women with breast cancer to help increase awareness and education. She was also awarded a second grant under Industry Alignment Fund (IAF) by NMRC for her research in a novel compound for treatment of brain metastases in advanced breast cancer patients. She represented Singapore in numerous overseas international oncology conferences and presented her research work extensively over the last eight years.
Dr Lee accepts referrals for all cancer types, with a special clinical interest in breast cancer.
Dr Lee is also program director of Icon’s Young Women’s Cancer Program. For more information on the program, click here.
- 24 March 2020 – Lianhe Zaobao: Prevention and treatment of genetic and hereditary cancers
- 18 July 2020 – Webinar with Summit Planners Invictus: Cancer in Singapore and its prevention
- 19 September 2020 – Facebook Live with Mount Alvernia Hospital: Personalised medicine for cancer care
- 26 September 2020 – Facebook Live with 365 Cancer Prevention Society: Breast cancer in young women
- 22 October 2020 – Webinar with DKSH and Breast Cancer Foundation: Facts and myths of breast cancer
- 31 October 2020 – Webinar with Thomson Breast Centre: What you need to know about breast cancer in young women